FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Read the short review article by Divakaruni and Murphy, as well as the primary research article: â€œA Mitochondrial Pyruvate Carrier Required for Pyruvate Uptake in Yeast, Drosophila, and Humans,â€ by Bricker, D.K., et al., (2012)
You must only include your answers, do not repeat the questions. Moreover, DO NOT a)copy (or quote) from the journal article, b) copy from any internet source that you find or subscribe to; all of these activities are clearly plagiarism. You need to use your own words for all answers.
1. Bricker et al., provide data from a number of experiments supporting their claim that MPC1, MPC2, and MPC3 are components of the yeast pyruvate transporter. Describe three distinct experimental approaches presented in Figure 1 indicating MPC1 is a major component of a highly conserved mitochondrial pyruvate transporter complex, whereas MPC3 provides redundant function. Note that five different types of experiments were used and you just need to describe three.
2. The authors have studied several families that display defects in mitochondrial pyruvate oxidation, which led them to test their hypothesis that one or more of these families may in fact have a genetic defect in t he human MPC1 pyruvate transporter. The data from these studies are shown in Figure 4.
2a. Family #1 showed a severe defect in mitochondrial pyruvate oxidation, whereas families #2 and #3 had less severe phenotypes. How was the genetic defect discovered in these families, and what did DNA sequencing reveal that led the authors to propose that the disease phenotype was due to MPC1 mutations?
2b. Isolated fibroblasts from these patients were tested in pyruvate-driven respiration assays in which O2 consumption was used as a measure of mitochondrial activity. What was observed when fibroblasts from families #1 and #2 were compared to fibroblasts from normal individuals with respect to basal O2 consumption in the presence of pyruvate and glutamine as compared to O2 consumption in the presence of these same metabolites and FCCP? Explain.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.