FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
During this week, finish working on Case II, which is due at the end of this week. This is the Chapter Case: Bullock Gold Mining, at the end of Chapter 8 on page 274 of your text. This case will require that you use Excel to calculate the Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Modified Internal Rate of Return, and payback period of a project. You will need to provide answers to Steps 1 and 2 in the exercise using Excel to present your calculations. (Step 3 is not required1. Submissions with only numbers and no formulas or functions will not receive credit for this assignment. Your submission must be neatly organized and must clearly present your work and results. For Step 2, you must submit a Microsoft Word document that summarizes the problem, provides your analysis of the work performed in Step 1, and recommends whether the company should open the mine, as described in the case.
Alma has used the estimates provided by Dan to determine the revenues that could be expected from the mine. She also has projected the expense of opening the mine and the annual operating expenses. If the company opens the mine, it will cost $625 million today, and it will have a cash outflow of $90 million nine years from today in costs associated with closing the mine and reclaiming the area surrounding it.
The expected cash flows each year from the mine are shown in the nearby table.
Bullock Gold Mining has a 12 percent required return on all of its gold mines.
Year Cash Flow
9 âˆ’ 90,000,000
Seth Bullock, the owner of Bullock Gold Mining, is evaluating a new gold mine in South Dakota. Dan Dority, the companyâ€™s geologist, has just finished his analysis of the mine site. He has estimated that the mine would be productive for eight years, after which the gold would be completely mined. Dan has taken an estimate of the gold deposits to Alma Garrett, the companyâ€™s financial officer. Alma has been asked by Seth to perform an analysis of the new mine and present her recommendation on whether the company should open the new mine.
CHAPTER CASE Bullock Gold Mining
1. Construct a spreadsheet to calculate the payback period, internal rate of return, modified internal rate of return, and net present value of the proposed mine.
2. Based on your analysis, should the company open the mine?
3. Bonus question: Most spreadsheets do not have a built-in formula to calculate the payback period. Write a VBA script that calculates the payback period for a project
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.