FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
4 Easy questions !!!
4 Easy questions !!!
1. List and discuss the recognized risk factors for abuse of drugs and alcohol. Formulate strategies for reducing risk in your own community. (at least 300 words cite in APA format for references) 2. Discuss the role and relative merits of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in America. Which, if any, CAM modalities do you consider most effective and worthy of implementation in American hospitals? (at least 300 words cite in APA format for references) 3. Explain the personal and community impacts of drug and alcohol abuse in America. Provide specific exles of these impacts. (at least 300 words cite in APA format for references) 4. Visit http://circ.ahajournals.org to search for and read “The U.S. Healthcare System 2010: Problems, Principles, and Potential Solutions.” Of the six problems covered here, which do you consider most pressing in American healthcare today, and what would you do to address that specific problem? Your response should be at least 500 words in length. You must use at least one scholarly source other than and including your text book to complete this assignment. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.
Health Maintenance Organization
Health Maintenance Organization
You have been presented an outstanding opportunity to serve as a graduate student intern for the chief executive officer (CEO) of a large HCO. The HCO is an HMO model and originated approximately a century ago as a small rural hospital. Due to the rural setting, the HMO model flourished and, over the years, expanded throughout the region. Today, the HMO has a presence in over eighteen counties and has a number of competing interests from for-profit and not-for-profit HCOs in the region. The board of directors recently approved the acquisition of two regional hospitals. First, the HCO decided to acquire a small rural critical-care-access hospital in a relatively remote county. The interest in acquiring the hospital is to service the existing population and expand the reach of the HMO. Second, the HCO decided to acquire a private full-service hospital in a moderate-size city (population forty-two thousand). The HCO’s move is strategic in nature, preventing the sale of the hospital to its for-profit competitor, and will gain the region its sole emergency department level 2 (two) trauma center with helicopter transport while giving the HCO the ability to service its growing HMO membership in the area. Based on the above information: Evaluate the various HMO models (staff, group, and network) and identify the model that would probably be best suited for the region. Justify your answer. Research and comment on the importance and applicability of the various levels of emergency department trauma care. Investigate the exemptions afforded to a critical care rural hospital with respect to Medicare reimbursement and accreditation. Elaborate on the difference between an HMO and an accountable care organization (ACO). Explain the concept of capitation, its importance to the HMO and participating providers, and how the concept of capitation varies with the ACO model. Explain patient-centered care and its importance in healthcare delivery. Submission Details: Submit your answers in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Use scholarly resources within last 36 months. Cite all sources using APA format with in text citations on a separate page. Assignment 3 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Commented on the importance and applicability of the various levels of emergency department trauma care. 10 Identified the HMO model that would be best suited in the scenario. 5 Outlined the exemptions afforded to a critical care rural hospital in regard to Medicare. 10 Identified the difference between an HMO and an ACO. 10 Explained the concept of capitation. 5 Presented a structured document free of spelling and grammatical errors. 5 Properly cited sources using APA format. 5 Total: 50
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.