FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
OBSERVATIONAL RESEARCH FOR LEADERSHIP IN A GROUP SETTING
In any group setting, each member has a set of assumptions and biases regarding how groups interact as well as preconceived notions of expected individual roles and behaviors. Leaders have an obligation to recognize their own biases and to observe individuals and group dynamics as objectively as possible. Take the opportunity in this Critical Thinking Assignment to practice objectivity in research.
- This Critical Thinking Assignment culminates in the form of a management report* based on data from your own observational research of a group or team with which you have frequent interaction.
[NOTE: if you are unable to physically access a location for observational research or to conduct such observations in general, you may complete this assignment by doing one of the following: a) enlisting the support of another person who can help you interpret the group; b) write a paper on the best practices to employ, using a group scenario that you construct and describe. Address all the questions and requirements in the regular assignment; or c) ask a group if you may observe them using SKYPE or FaceTime, for exle. Reach out to your instructor for more assistance]
- To prepare for the observational research, Western (2013) [required reading] suggests that observers work to set aside any preconceived notions of what might be discovered. Western uses the term “follow the actors” to describe how an objective observer strives to follow the leads of the group members rather than assuming what might be involved. Also, look beyond the human actors to note the role of non-human elements of the setting.
- Observe the group and answer the following:
- Who is sitting at the leadership table and who is absent?
- Whose voices are heard and whose aren’t, and why?
- Whose values and interests are being represented?
- Is there leadership that goes unnoticed?
- Once the observations are completed, prepare the data for analysis. You might define categories or identify themes based on what was recorded. Then, analyze the data according to two or three leadership theories from this weeks required readings and lecture. Gather additional scholarly literature related to your findings and the associated theories.
- Prepare a management report for a hypothetical audience of managers that have a stake in the observed group’s success.
The management report:
Include five (5) sections within a maximum of five pages (in addition to the required title and reference pages and appendices). The report sections include:
- The Introduction of your investigation, including a statement about why the research is important (remember your audience!)
- A description of how you collected the observational data, prepared these data, and analyzed for results. Explain why these methods are appropriate (support with scholarly sources)
- A literature review of the two associated theories
- A discussion of the results and how the managers might use the findings to promote group or team effectiveness
- A summary of the investigative process and a closing statement of what you, the researcher, learned from the study.
- Use appendices to include raw data, data preparation worksheets, or analytic tools.
- Include associated citations and reference page.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.