FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Subject Title Bar and Mixology
Subject Code HOS202A
Assessment Title Assessment 4: Report
• Professional Expertise
• Innovative Problem Solving
• Agile Leadership
• Independent Self Management
Learning Outcome/s (found in the Subject Outline) b. Differentiate beverages based upon their type, production method, region and flavour profile.
c. Design a beverage based on sensory perception, venue and clientele.
d. Apply effective communication and digital literacy.
Assessment type Individual
Weighting % 30%
Word count 2000 +/- 10%
Due day Week 11 at 23.59 on Sunday
Submission type Turnitin ? (no hard copy required)
Layout of Assessment Report:
ICMS Cover Page
Table of Contents
• Name and style of the bar
• Drinks List
• Explanation for Drinks List
• Recipe Card
You are required to write a report on your own newly created bar in NSW. You will need to select a theme- there are some exles listed at the end of this assessment outline or you can choose your own (pending approval from your lecturer).
You will need to confirm your theme by week 2.
The bar must offer cocktails, a range of wines, spirits and beers relevant to your establishment. The bar must also have a “House” or “Signature” cocktail. The bar must be original; however, you can use information from existing establishments to inspire your venue- ensure you reference these.
Your report must be referenced according to the ICMS Style Guide with APA references.
Findings should include:
Research that you believe is necessary to support your work.
Name and Style of the Bar
• Must be appropriate to the theme and market.
• Explain briefly the facilities and level of service e.g. luxury brand.
• Outline the venue’s sequence of service- state if it is table service or order at the bar, or both.
• Produce a sequence of service for your venue in line with your brand.
• Provide a summary of the style of food offered and justify how it is in keeping with the style of your bar. E.g. small plates, comfort food, seafood, modern Australian etc.
• Explain briefly why offering food is important to the business.
• You must create a Drinks List. You may draw inspiration from other similar style venues (must be referenced).
• Your Drinks List must contain the following sections (but not limited to): Wines, Beers, Cocktails, Spirits and Soft Drinks.
• You must justify your choices of the above by outlining their relevance to your venue.
• Outline how the choice of Food and Beverages complement each other. Include some discussion about why your drinks are relevant to the theme and food matching.
Signature/ House Cocktail
• Create a Signature/ House Cocktail
• The recipe card for your Signature/ House cocktail must include, glassware, ingredients, volumes, garnishes and any decorations. It must also include a short method description using correct terminology on how it should be prepared along with a picture. The picture can be a photo, diagram or hand drawn image.
Readings for the assessment Class and Moodle content and the Resources links on Moodle.
Carlin, J. M. (2013). Cocktails: A Global History. Reaktion Books. (eBook linked on Moodle)
DeGroff, D. (2010). The Craft of the Cocktail: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Master Bartender, with 500 Recipes. Clarkson Potter. (In the library) DeGroff, D. (2010). The Essential Cocktail: The Art of Mixing Perfect Drinks. Clarkson Potter.(In the library)
Difford#39;s Guide: https://www.diffordsguide.com/en-au
Imbibe: The Ultimate Drinks Magazine: http://imbibemagazine.com/ Van der Wagen, L (2018) Hospitality management. (4th ed.) Melbourne: Cengage.
Student also needs to demonstrate some independent research.
Grading Criteria / Rubric See below
Assessment?4: Cocktail Preparation and Service Rubric
Criteria HD (85-100) D (75-84) CR
(50-64) FAIL (0-49)
Name and service offering
A highly original venue name reflecting the theme. Services
compliment the theme
well and show ingenuity and originality- highly
relevant to the chosen theme of the venue. An original venue name reflecting the chosen theme. Service
appropriate and show flairs of originality A suitable venue name relevant to the chosen
theme. Services are appropriate to the
venue theme but could be expanded further. An acceptable name for the venue. Services are somewhat generic and
needed to reflect the theme to a greater extent. The name of the venue shows little thought and
needed to reflect the theme. Service
offerings are generic
and/ or inappropriate to the venue theme and setting.
(20%)? Highly tailored to the selected theme.
Touches throughout that link back to the ethos and tell a story of the
venue. Every detail is
necessary, relevant and
demonstrates a deep understanding of operations. Well tailored to the theme. Incorporated the
name/ theme in a few touches during the
service sequence. A
of food and beverage operations demonstrated. A solid sequence of service delivered.
Some evidence of attempts to incorporate the identity of the venue within the service delivery. Some parts needed more attention and detail. An acceptable sequence of service. Some
understanding of the
operation on display but incorporates generic
steps without evidence of tailoring. The sequence of service is highly generic and shows no
application of the
concept. Some steps not included and a
general lack of detail included.
Drinks and Food offering (15%)? The entire offering is highly considered, relevant and
appropriate. The drinks
offering is highly tailored to the venue, presented in sections appropriate to the theme whilst still including crowd
pleasers. The food
offering is compliant with modern trends and
requirements and links back effectively to the theme. The food and beverage offering has been
thoughtfully selected. It’s appropriate to the theme, in accordance with trends and legislation. An appropriate food and beverage offering
has been selected. It’s appropriate to the
theme, in accordance with trends and
could have been more
thoughtfully broken down to reflect the theme in greater depth. The food and beverage offering reflects the theme in parts but
needed more thought.
Some parts are generic and needed greater
consideration of trends and/ or legislation. The drinks and food offering lacks depth of thought. It’s missing
sections and/ or detail.
Some sections may be missing entirely. Does not reflect legislation and/ or trends.
Explanation of Offering (20%) The explanation and justification is accurate and comprehensive. High level application of theory covered in class, linking back well to the
chosen theme and clear refined reasoning and
justification of choices demonstrated throughout. The explanation is well reasoned and detailed.
Good application of theory covered in class to the theme and justification of choices. The content is generally accurate and
Evidence of some application of the
theory covered class to the chosen theme. Content/ explanation is sometimes inaccurate or incomplete. Needs
further expansion and explanation. Greater
justification of choices required. Content is inaccurate or overly general. Lack of application of theory
and no linking back or application to the theme.
Signature cocktail (20%) The signature cocktail is original, appropriate to the theme and shows
creative flair. The recipe card can easily be
followed and replicated without any guidance. The signature cocktail is original and
appropriate to the
chosen theme. The recipe card can be
replicated and easily followed. The signature cocktail is fitting of the theme.
The recipe card can be followed but the
instructions don’t flow as well as they could do. The signature cocktail is adequate to the theme.
It lacks originality and needed to demonstrate greater creative flair.
Possibly some information missing from the recipe card. The signature cocktail is unsatisfactory. It
needs to reflect the
theme to a greater
extent. The recipe card is unclear and difficult to follow and/ or with information missing.
Writing: Structure, spelling, grammar and referencing
(15%) Exemplary writing and structure demonstrated in accordance with the
assessment outline. The
writing flows well with no spelling or grammatical
errors. All research and referencing executed meticulously. Very good writing demonstrated along with structure in line
with the assessment outline. The writing
flows well. One or two mistakes in spelling,
grammar or incorrect referencing. Report submitted overall in line with the assessment outline. Some minor spelling or grammatical errors and faults in referencing. Some attempt to follow the assessment outline structure but not fully
met. Sentences show
errors of structure and little. Several errors of punctuation, spelling.
Errors interfere with meaning in places.
Careful proofreading not evident. Attempts at
referencing but not fully
compliant with the ICMS Style Guide. Did not follow the assessment outline structure. Multiple
errors of sentence
errors in spelling and/or
inaccurate punctuation such that
hindered. Proofreading not evident. Lack of
referencing research as per the APA style required.
Exle Bar Themes
• Gin Bar
• Rum Bar
• Contemporary City Cocktail Bar
• Whisk(e)y Bar
• Spanish Bar
• Japanese Cocktail Bar
• Mexican Tequila Bar
• Hipster Basement Bar
• Business/ Professional Bar set in an Old Bank Building
• Roof Top Bar • Karaoke Bar
• Irish City Pub
• Music Bar- music is your choice
• A Closed Loop Cocktail Bar
• American Diner Bar
• Casino Bar
• Sports Bar
• Italian Vermouth Bar
• Chagne Bar
• Theatre Bar
• City Wine Bar
• Beach Bar
• Wedding Venue Bar
• Craft Beer Bar
• Art Bar (venue also sells art)- Style of art is your choice.
• Tiki Bar
• Prohibition Style Bar
• Coffee Based Bar
• Bar in a restaurant (known for its use of smoke in cooking)
• Tea Based Bar
• Student College Bar
• Pop Up Bar at Vivid- your choice of speciality
• Vodka Bar
• Ski Bar in Thredbo
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.