FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Key Assessment Information
Examine the significance of integrated reporting within the context of different financial and nonfinancial disclosure frameworks. This activity relates to the following learning outcomes:
LO 1: Critically review and interpret the role of theory in the development of accounting
LO 2: Critically evaluate the role of accounting and accountability for the sustainable development of organisations
LO 4: Appraise the impact of business ethics and corporate governance on the accounting profession LO 5: Undertake accounting-based assignments on an individual and team basis to develop personal and collaborative decision-making skills
Overview Length or Duration
Examine the role and motivation for the introduction of integrated reporting. 3000 words
The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) has promulgated the production of integrated reports to enhance transparency and encourage improved stakeholder relationships. Integrated reports had their beginnings because of the shortcomings identified after the Global Financial Crisis
(GFC). It has now been argued that more disclosure on how the business creates ‘value’ is required. Refer to the International Integrated Reporting Framework opens in new window to gain an understanding of the principles of integrated reporting.
To get started on your assessment task, please follow the instructions below.
1. Form groups of 2 or 3 to work on the assessment. Remember to enrol in your group online (refer to the instructions below).
2. Review the latest IIRC International IR Framework to gain general knowledge regarding the aims, objectives, application and elements of an integrated report.
3. Read a number of journal articles on the topic of integrated reporting (some reference links are provided at the end of this assessment task).
4. Select four (4) ASX listed companies—two of which produce integrated reports and two which prepare the traditional annual report format—and analyse the reports by completing the attached Matrix for Annual Report Analysis opens in new window.
5. To complete the matrix, first discuss the main findings of your content analysis. Apply a (1) when there is the disclosure of an item and a (0) to denote no disclosure. Each group should decide which non-financial disclosures to include in the matrix; however, the selections/decisions must be justified.
6. Access and read the following journal article and discuss whether or not you agree with Flower’s (2015) contention that the IIRC is a story of failure. Your report should include how ‘failure’ and ‘create value’ is defined, the concept of the ‘capitals’, and how stakeholder theory is relevant to the discussion.
Add link to article
7. Assignments must be typed using Calibri (body) 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing.
8. Assessment 2 references:
Adhariani, D and de Villiers, C. (2019), “Integrated Reporting: perspectives of corporate report preparers and other stakeholders”, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp.183-207.
Al-Htaybat, K. and Alberti-Alhtaybat, L.V. (2018), “Integrated thinking leading to integrated reporting: case study insights from a global player”, Accounting, Auditing #038; Accountability Journal, Vol. 31 No. 5, pp.1435-1460.
Robertson, F.A. and Samy, M. (2020), “Rationales for integrated reporting adoption and factors impacting on the extent of adoption”, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, Vol. 11 No. 2, pp. 351-382.
Silvestri, A., Veltri, S., Venturelli, A. and Petruzzelli, S. (2017), “A research template to evaluate the degree of accountability of integrated reporting: a case study”, Meditari Accountancy Research, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp.675-704.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.