FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
As a superintendent, Jorge is growing increasingly concerned about his ability to successfully implement changes on a broader scale. He is managing a diverse school district that includes 5 high schools, 13 middle schools, and 28 elementary schools and many different personalities and leadership styles. From past experience he knows, however, that when faced with a daunting challenge a good place to start the growth process is within himself. He is convinced that individual growth and organizational capacity can be enhanced by focusing on developing personal mastery.
Effective organizational leaders understand that by developing personal mastery, individual stakeholders within an organization are able to develop their own vision and find ways of being connected to and contributing to the organizational mission.
What You Need to Know
Read the following in :
· Chapter 8, “Personal Mastery.” You’ll learn how personal mastery involves learning ways to develop the practice of articulating a coherent image of your vision that reflects what you most want to create, alongside a realistic appraisal of the current reality of the situation. This produces a kind of innate tension that, when cultivated, can expand your capacity to make better choices and help your organization make better choices to achieve more of the results you have collectively chosen.
Characteristics of Thinking
Continue focusing on characteristics of thinking by reading the following in your Critical Thinking: Tools for Taking Charge of Your Learning and Your Life text.
· Chapter 4, “The Parts of Thinking,” pages 57–90. Consider how you can improve the quality of your own thinking by taking charge of the structures inherent in thinking and ensuring that you apply intellectual standards to them.
· Chapter 5, “Standards for Thinking,” pages 91–122. You’ll consider the meaning and significance of these standards for thinking to make sure that your thinking results in conclusions that are valid. These are clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness. As you read, think about to what extent your own thinking is characterized by these standards for critical thinking.
“The term ‘mastery’ descends from the Sanskrit root mah, meaning ‘greater.’ In Latin and Old English it meant domination over something else (‘I am your master’). But a variation evolved in medieval French: maître or ‘master,’ meaning someone who was exceptionally proficient and skilled—a master of a craft. The discipline of personal mastery reflects this second meaning. It refers not just to the ability to produce results but also to ‘master’ the principles underlying the way you produce results.” (Senge et al., 2012, p. 77)
Organizations have a key role to play in this discipline by setting a context for people to have time to reflect on their own vision. In this discussion reflect on your own personal vision. Imagine achieving a result in your life that you deeply desire. For the sake of this exercise, assume that any result you want is possible even if you have no idea right now how to get there. It need not have to do with educational leadership goals. This vision could involve learning something you want to learn or obtaining something that you dearly want.
Describe in writing the vision you have imagined by responding to these questions:
· What does it look like? What does it feel like? How would you describe it?
· In your ideal future, when you are exactly the kind of person you want to be, what are your qualities?
· What is your ideal professional or vocational situation? What kind of leader are you?
· How does personal mastery enhance personal and organizational development?
· How can stakeholders in an organization be empowered to develop a personal vision?
· What forms of resistance exist within organizations, and how can leaders effectively enhance personal mastery to reduce resistance?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.