FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
1. Intro to feminism ; women’s movements
2. Music and Suffrage – 1880s – 1920s (first wave)
1) Read: Music in the Women’s Suffrage Movement – Library of Congress
2) Read: Highlighted Sheet Music Collections – Library of Congress
3) View: Women Intro-Suffrage #8211; PPT
4) Listen: #8220;Songs of the Suffragettes#8221;, Elisabeth Knight (1958)
3. 1960s-1980s (2nd wave)
1) Read/watch/listen: “You Don’t Own Me’: A Feminist Anthem with Civil Rights Roots, Is All About Empathy
2) Read: Aretha in Gaar (4 pages)
3) Read: Ch. 4 Gaar excerpts (13 pages)
4) Gaar Ch. 5 (7 pages)
5) View: Second Wave Feminism and Music #8211; PPT
4. 1990-2010 (3rd wave)
1) Read: The Origin of the Term ‘intersectionality’
2) Read: Gayle Wald, “Just a Girl? Rock Music, Feminism, and the Cultural Construction of Female Youth” (25 pages)
3) Read: Andrea Harman, “Erykah Badu: From Musician to Third Wave Feminist?” (13 pages)
4) View: Third Wave Feminism and Music #8211; PPT
5. 2010 – pres. (4th Wave), #Metoo
1) Read/Listen/Watch: “Songs that Say Me Too”
2) Read/Listen/Watch: “The Chorus on #Metoo and the Women Who Turned Trauma into Songs”
3) Read: Marquita R. Smith “BEYONCÉ: Hip-hop Feminism…” (13 pages)
4) Watch #8211; Beyoncé #8211; Pretty Hurts (Video)#8230;and rest of album
5) View: Music and 4th wave feminism #8211; PPT
Requirements of Assignments:
What does it mean to be a feminist?
What is intersectionality? Have you heard/seen this term before? If so, where? Can you give an exle of intersectional injustice?
“Baby It’s Cold Outside” controversy; read this story, listen to the song… https://www.npr.org/2018/12/05/673770902/baby-it-s-cold-outside-seen-as-sexist-frozen-out-by-radio-stations
Do you think this song should be banned from radio broadcast? Why or why not?
Briefly respond to each of these prompts. Total word count should be approx. 1000. Include works cited page. You must cite all required readings and films, or it will be a ZERO, with a chance to resubmit for a capped grade.
Compare and contrast the various ‘waves’ of the women’s movements. Include: when each wave occurred; major figures of each, and their importance; the goals of each wave, were they accomplished, did they change over time, if so, how; milestones; major critiques of each wave. Along the way, include at least 2 songs from each wave that illustrate the politics of the time. Along with citing the required readings from each wave, remember to cite the films: The Punk Singer, and She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry (include at least 1 quote from each film).
How do Erykah Badu and Beyoncé express Black feminist identity and ideology through their music? How do they express Black female empowerment? What stereotypes, criticisms, and social views do they work against? How so? Include ways in which they each counter intersectional oppression through their music. Include a description of at least two song exles from each artist with lyrical analysis that supports your claims.
For this work, you must give me 2 separate files. One for Discussion, and One for Assignment.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.