FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
SUPERSTAR SUCCESS TIP: Read item 6 below carefully. Do not use terms that are listed in the “do not use” list or are used in the video. Do not use terms that have already been used by another group member. Your work should be original…not copied from another source.
- Before starting this assignment, I recommend that you watch the video posted in Unit 2 of our course titled, “Words of Wisdom from Your Instructor: How to Deconstruct Medical Terms”. CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO: “Words of Wisdom from Your Instructor: How to Deconstruct Medical Terms.”
- Find a root in the appendix of our textbook or in an online search of medical terms. Then change the root into three other terms by adding different prefixes and/or suffixes. These must be “actual” words that are of accepted use in medical language.
- Deconstruct each of your three medical terms. Tell what each word part is (prefix, root, and/or suffix) and define each word part.
- Give the definitions for each new medical term.
- Then use each term correctly in a sentence IN A MANNER THAT MAKES THE MEANING OF THE TERM CLEAR FROM CONTEXT.
- Be sure to review the ROOTS already posted on the discussion board for this assignment. Only use roots that have not been previously used. Also, do not use the exles given in the video or in these instructions for your post. (Don’t use the roots “thyroid”, “card”, or “nat” which are used in exles.)
- After posting your idea, respond to two other posts by members of your Discussion Group in a substantive and meaningful manner. Be sure to address the person by name, restate their three terms, and explain how you think understanding these terms will be helpful to you in the future.
- This is a graded activity. Please refer to the rubric for grading criteria.
- Original work is required for this assignment. Do not copy information from another student or directly from a reference source.
The root is thyroid for this exle.
1. Hyper-thyroid-ism: overactive or excessive production of thyroid hormones.
- Prefix is hyper- : excessive or above
- root is thyroid: thyroid gland
- suffix -ism: condition
- Sentence: Hyperthyroidism can accelerate your body’s metabolism, causing unintentional weight loss and a rapid or irregular heartbeat.
2. Hypo-thyroid-ism: deficiency of thyroid hormone
- Prefix: hypo– : deficient; below; under; less than normal
- Root: thyroid: thyroid gland
- Suffix: -ism: condition
- Sentence: Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Major symptoms include fatigue, cold sensitivity, constipation, dry skin, and unexplained weight gain.
3. Thyroid-itis: inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Root is thyroid: thyroid gland
- Suffix -itits: inflammation
- Sentence: The most obvious symptom of subacute thyroiditis is pain in the neck caused by a swollen and inflamed thyroid gland.
Please refer to the rubric for grading criteria. You can view the rubric for this assignment by clicking on the three dots (…) at the top right of the Discussion Board assignment screen.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.