FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Week 2: Multicultural Leadership
Read the following scenario:
As a global, strategic director of a U.S. pharmaceutical company, you oversee corporate relations and initiatives with global corporations and healthcare clinics. Your company has joined the World Health Organizationâ€™s (WHO) Global Polio Eradication Initiative that seeks to eradicate instances of polio through education and vaccinations. Your team is working with a local healthcare clinic in rural Pakistan. The clinicâ€™s physician has observed an increase in cases of polio. This increase may be a result of the communityâ€™s cultural opposition to polio vaccinations. Although the physician respects his communityâ€™s decision not to vaccinate, he recognizes polio is a growing problem. Reluctantly, he has agreed to join WHOâ€™s initiative. As a leader, you delegate the contact responsibility to Jenny, the new assistant deputy director of global strategy. At one point, a crucial deadline for distribution needs the physicianâ€™s approval and he has not been available all day. Finally, after many attempts, Jenny is able to speak with the physician. Hurriedly, she explains the details. Unintentionally, she pressures the physician for his approval. Abruptly, the physician ends the communication and refuses any further contact with your company. Stunned, Jenny is unsure of how this might have happened as she was prepared, articulate, and straightforward about your companyâ€™s plans.
The scenario presented represents the challenges associated with multicultural leadership in todayâ€™s global society. This week, you examine challenges related to multicultural leadership. You also explore how multicultural competencies may impact leadership and your personal public health leadership philosophy.
- Analyze challenges associated with multicultural public health leadership
- Evaluate strategies for addressing challenges within multicultural public health leadership
- Analyze the influence of multicultural competencies on personal public health leadership philosophies
- Analyze negative and positive characteristics of leadership
- Apply insights related to leadership and systems thinking
- Apply your personal definition of leadership to a philosophy of public health leadership
- Analyze the influence of systems thinking on personal public health leadership philosophies
- Analyze the influence of multicultural leadership on personal public health leadership philosophies
Nahavandi, A. (2014).
The art and science of leadership (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 2, â€œThe Global and Cultural Contextsâ€
BÃ¼cker, J., #038; Poutsma, E. (2010). Global management competencies: a theoretical foundation. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 25(8), 829â€“844.
Dowell, S. F., Tappero, J. W., #038; Frieden, T. R. (2011). Public health in Haiti: Challenges and progress. New England Journal of Medicine, 364(4), 300-301.
Hofstede, G. (2010). The GLOBE debate: Back to relevance. Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 1339â€“1346.
Harvard Business Review. (2011).
Managing values across cultures [Video file]. Retrieved from
Discussion: Leadership Within a Global Context
Globalization has implications for leaders that reach beyond sensitivity. For exle, globalization may require leaders to interact with other leaders from various countries to set procedural guidelines on matters such as establishing safety standards for distributing medical supplies or facilitating public health communication. Therefore, within local and/or global leadership organizations, public health leaders must be aware of multicultural issues and challenges. As a result, multicultural awareness and competency, important elements of multicultural leadership, play a crucial role in determining appropriate actions, attitudes, and expectations.
For this Discussion, select two challenges associated with multicultural leadership. As a scholar-practitioner in the field of public health, think about strategies you may use to address these challenges. Consider how your public health leadership philosophy may contribute to these strategies for multicultural leadership challenges.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.