FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
COPY THE FOLLOWING, place it into a Microsoft Word Document,,
THEN, add your answers,, and upload the document when finished (using Submit Assignment button). Thx!
Covers Chapters 16, 17, 19
Note: Answers to â€œshort-answerâ€ questions should be no longer than a few sentences.
Unlike other assignments, there are 12 questions. Yes, please answer all 12!
1) Letâ€™s say that this year your local creek (e.g. Boulder Creek in Boulder,CO) undergoes a â€œ500 year floodâ€ event. Does this mean that your community would be safe from a similar event for the next 500 years? Explain why or why not.
2) There are the three kinds of material transport in a stream. One is called â€œbed loadâ€. What are the other two?
3) Read all about deltas and all about alluvial fans.
What is the primary factor that causes a river or stream to deposit sediment as it goes from steep gradient to shallow gradient?
(Hint: What is the primary factor that helps a river/stream keep sediment in transport?)
4) A river can erode down to its ______________-level.
Fill in the blank
5) With time, why do you think meander loops tend to intensify (i.e. get more curved)?
6) Salt water and fresh water are (of course) quite different.
Where would we find the most fresh-water, in the sum total of all earthâ€™s ground water or the sum total of all earthâ€™s rivers and streams?
7) Is it possible for a rock to have high porosity but at the same time be quite impermeable? Yes/No, and then EXPLAIN.
8) What type of rock is commonly associated with sink-holes and Karst Topography?
A) Sandstone; B) Shale; C) Granite; D) Limestone
9) In your text, you will find a figure that shows the eruptive history of a typical geyser. What is the effect of rapid decompression on a fluid that is near, but not quite at, its boiling point?
10) Name the two places on earth today where one can find large continental glaciers, also known as continental ice sheets.
11) Find a map of â€œend morainesâ€ from the last glacial maximum, in North America. (Try google search, but you can also use the diagram in Glacier Chapterâ€”captioned â€œEnd moraines in the Contiguous US and Canadaâ€¦â€
Answer the following question: Did the Pleistocene ice sheets travel further to the south in western North America or in eastern North America?
12) Check out the following (scientifically accurate) representation of glacial movement:
The above simulation requires JAVA “plug-in” software. If you do not have this on your computer– go to a library or computer lab.
Or, consider the question as specific to VALLEY GLACIERS, and provide your best answer.
With the simulation, you can play around with the effects of changing mean annual temperature and snowfall. And, turn up the speed.
Exle– if you choose a high annual temperature and very low snowfall, the glacier is going to recede quickly.
Here’s the question— Does the glacial ice (in the simulation, marked by little black dots) actually go back uphill during glacial recession? Or does the ice continue it’s motion down-hill?
EXPLAIN your answer. (Explanation will be worth most of the credit here!)
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.