FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
General Psychology (PSY1010)
COURSE OUTCOMES AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Based on the Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Explain major psychological concepts, theories, and perspectives.
a. For the individuals listed, describe the person’s contribution to psychology and the theory he proposed. Describe and explain any key concepts of the individual’s theory and any stages or levels in the theory including ages if relevant: Freud, Piaget, Erickson, Maslow, Skinner, Watson, Pavlov, Selye, Milgram, Zimbardo.
b. Describe how the major perspectives of psychology explain behavior. The perspectives are: psychoanalytic, behavioral, humanistic, cognitive, evolutionary, biological, sociocultural, and biopsychosocial.
c. Define and be able to explain the following terms or concepts:
2. Short term/working memory and long term memory, reconstructionist model of memory
3. Nature/nurture issue and the current views on this issue.
4. Classical and operant conditioning including their components (USC, UCR, CS, CR, positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, negative punishment, extinction, schedules of reinforcement, discrimination, and generalization)
5. Cognition vs. thinking
6. Functional fixedness vs. mental set
7. Cultural biases in IQ testing
8. Types of IQ tests and their limitations
9. General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS) and stress
10. Stages of sleep, REM and NREM sleep
11. Prejudice vs. discrimination
12. Social roles/power of the situation
13. DSM 5, criteria for abnormal behavior (cultural relativism)
14. Phobias, PTSD, major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia
15. Forms of therapy and their techniques (family, group, psychoanalysis/psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive, behavioral, biomedical, and eclectic).
16. Describe research methods and tools used by psychologists to understand and explain behavior.
a. Explain the types of research studies used in psychology: case study, survey, naturalistic
observation, correlational method, and experiment.
b. Differentiate between correlational and experimental designs in determining causation.
c. Given an experiment, identify and describe the major components of it, including the
independent variable, dependent variable, control group, and experimental group.
d. Explain random sle and random assignment.
e. Identify an operational definition.
f. Explain the placebo effect.
g. Explain how to calculate a simple mean, median, and mode.
h. Differentiate between descriptive and inferential statistics.
i. Explain what statistical significance means.
1. Describe the ethical principles inherent in research, teaching, and practice in the field of psychology.
a. Explain the ethical principles of psychological research including: respecting human
dignity, informed consent, confidentiality, and debriefing.
1. Apply psychological concepts to personal, social, and organizational issues.
a. Describe the models of classical and operant conditioning. Given a scenario, be able to label the exle as classical or operant conditioning and analyze the components (UCS, UCR, CS, CR, positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, positive punishment, negative punishment, extinction, schedules of reinforcement, discrimination, and generalization).
b. Describe the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS) and its stages, and be able to apply these stages given exles of stressful situations.
c. Describe Milgram’s studies on obedience and Zimbardo’s Stanford prison study on social roles. Identify other more recent exles in our society of the behaviors studied by Milgram and Zimbardo.
d. Distinguish between prejudice and discrimination.
e. Identify the major criteria used to determine if behavior is abnormal, including cultural relativism.
f. Explain how various therapies use different theoretical models, so that the therapy experience can vary depending on the theoretical orientation of the therapist.
1. Explain how culture influences behavior and mental processes.
a. Explain the role of culture, such as cultures which are individualist or collectivist, in understanding psychological theories and behavior.
1. Use appropriate technology to obtain scholarly information for the purpose of writing or
making presentations on relevant psychological topics.
a. Select and write about a peer-reviewed (referred) journal article.
b. Apply APA style to a peer-reviewed journal article citation
c. Identify sections of a journal article.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.