FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
During the last few years, Harry Davis Industries has been too constrained by the high cost of capital to make many capital investments. Recently, though, capital costs have been declining, and the company has decided to look seriously at a major expansion program proposed by the marketing department. Mary Simpson who is an assistant to Leigh Jones, the financial vice president is asked to estimate Harry Davisâ€™s cost of capital. Jones provides Simpson with the following data.
1. The firmâ€™s tax rate is 40%.
2. The firm has 10% annual coupon bonds with 15 years remaining to maturity. The current price of the bond is $1, 096.26. The bondâ€™s yield-to-maturity is 8.82%.
3. The firmâ€™s balance sheet shows $100 million long-term debt and $300 million common equity.
Simpson estimates the market risk premium as the historical average return on stocks minus the current return on Treasury bonds and obtains a 15.4% of the cost of common stock based on the CAPM.
Simpson calculates the firmâ€™s weighted average cost of capital (WACC) as follows:
Weight of long-term debt is .25 (=100/400)
Weight of common equity is .75 (=300/400)
WACC = .25 x 10% x (1 – .4) + .75 x 15.4% = 13.05%
1. Find problems inherent in Simpsonâ€™s WACC calculation.
2. What can you suggest to solve problems found in Question 1?
3. Simpson used the CAPM to estimate the cost of common stock. What can you propose to get the best estimate for the cost of common stock?
4. How confident can you be with the WACC based on solutions you suggested through the evaluative process in terms of the firmâ€™s divisions and projects? What issues should be considered?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.