FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Peter Brown is a 58-year-old gentleman who has experienced an episode of crushing central chest pain while at work. Peter works as a taxi driver and a colleague has taken him to the Accident and Emergency Department. On admission, Peter is sweaty, clammy, nauseated and short of breath. He is complaining of chest pain radiating to his left arm. This is Peter’s ﬁrst presentation to hospital and he has no relevant past medical history. Peter smokes approximately 20–30 cigarettes per day and takes alcohol at weekends only. Peter is anxious and is concerned that his wife and children are informed. He also states his father died suddenly following a heart attack a number of years ago. Peter is immediately triaged and taken to the resuscitation room. You are the receiving nurse. Observations on admission include:
Respiratory rate: 18 breaths per minute Oxygen saturations: 95% Blood pressure: 150/90 mmHg Pulse: 94 beats per minute Temperature: 37ºC.
On admission to hospital an electrocardiograph (ECG) has been undertaken. Peter has been diagnosed with an anterior ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (anterior STEMI). Blood sles have also been drawn for urea and electrolytes (U#038;E), full blood picture (FBP) and highly sensitive troponin T.
Peter’s ECG shows ST segment elevation in leads V2, V3, V4 and to a lesser extent in V5. This is typical of an anterior ST elevation myocardial infarction (Hatchett and Thompson 2007). This ECG indicates that Peter should be treated urgently with a view to reperfusion therapy. Reperfusion therapy involves either thrombolytic therapy or being taken to the cardiac catheterization laboratory in order that a stent may be inserted in the culprit coronary artery.
The cardiologist has decided to take Peter to the cardiac catheterization laboratory (cath lab) to undergo a percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) as opposed to giving him thrombolytic therapy. The cardiologist wants Peter to have clopidogrel 600 mg and aspirin 300 mg prior to transfer to the catheterization laboratory.
Following Peter’s transfer to the cath lab, he had a stent deployed to his left anterior descending coronary artery. Subsequently Peter made a full uncomplicated recovery and was discharged four days later.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.