FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
During week 4 you were asked to find a publicly traded manufacturing company. For our week six discussion board post I would like you to select the same company. Go to their website and read about their products and operations. Then in your post list five costs that the company would incur. Explain what type of cost behavior you believe would be appropriate for each of these cost items. Please be sure to include a link to the companyâ€™s website in your post.
—–Week 4 assignment Below ( Use same company)
Wrigley Company is a publicly-traded company that announces its stock performance under the NYSE. This company specializes in manufacturing chewing gum and uses the system of process costing. The company has 14 factories that are spread out globally in Africa, North America, India, Europe, Asia, and Pacific regions. Wrigley Corporation manufactures gums that serve over 150 countries. The production of gum involves six orderly stages. The first stage is melting and purification of gum base, which is ordinarily small and round balls. Secondly, flavors and sweeteners are typically added to the melted base then mixed. The third step involves rolling of large gum loaves to reduce their thickness to standard size. Fourthly, the gum is cut into taking the shape of pellets or sticks through the scoring process. The fifth step involves conditioning. The gum is typically cooled and hardened into the right consistency for packaging. The final stage requires packaging. The chewing gum is packed and assorted for shipping.
The gum company generates identical product units in batches through a consistent process. This method depends entirely on the system of process costing. The system of process costing distributes costs to every process through totaling production cost to determine an average over production units to arrive at unit cost (Fisher #038; Krumwiede, 2015). Through this system, Wrigley relies on a separate account to record process inventory for work-in-process. This technique simplifies tracking costs for every level of its production process. The system of process costing uses the same cost flows to the job costing system. The main difference between the two methods is that Wrigley uses process costing to assign product costs such as manufacturing overhead, direct materials, and direct labor to every process or production unit. These units have separate inventory accounts for recording the work in process.
Fisher, J. G., #038; Krumwiede, K. (2015). Product costing systems: finding the right approach. Journal of Corporate Accounting #038; Finance, 26(4), 13-21.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.