FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Windows Server Deployment Proposal
Each student will create a detailed, organized, unified technical solution given the scenario described below. The submission will be in a written format, with at least one diagram, and may include additional diagrams, charts or tables. The assignment is meant for students to enhance their mastery of the material and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from this course.
Elliana Solutions (referred to as “ES”) has hired you as an IT consultant for implementing their MS Windows network infrastructure. ES is a new cybersecurity consulting firm, and they are currently hiring staff, establishing three locations, and have a need to get their internal IT services configured. They do not yet have an IT staff, but when they do, the IT staff will take over all aspects of IT administration. You are required to supply ES with a solution which describes the implementation and configuration of their core IT services. Cost is not a significant concern – ES wishes to implement the “right, and flexible” solution to fit their needs now and for the next 2-3 years.
There are several details about ES which will have an impact on your choices:
- ES will start with 110 employees, in the following departments:
- Networking equipment is already in place for the three sites. A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be established between the three sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra-and inter-site connectivity. Please be sure to state these assumptions.
- Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
- Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want cybersecurity tech staff to see the company’s financial details). You may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private, but they must be stated in your paper.
- Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.
oExecutives (9 employees) – manage and run the company
oAccounts and Sales Department (15 employees) – perform market research and maintain accounts
oPentesters, network auditors and cybersecurity consultants (69 employees) – cybersecurity techs
oHuman Resources and Finances (12 employees) – perform HR and financial duties
oIT (5 employees) – manage IT for the company
oESwill have three sites, one in Washington D.C., Atlanta, GA and one in New York, NY. Most staff will be located in D.C. office, with at least 1 person from each of the departments above located in NY and ATL.
Topics to Cover
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate.
The Windows Server 2016 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
New Features of Windows Server 2016
- Describe new features of Windows Server 2016 that ES can take advantages of.
- How many total servers are needed? Which roles will be combined?
- What edition of Windows will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Datacenter)?
- Will Server Core be used on any servers?
- Where are each of the servers located (which of the two sites)?
- How will the servers be deployed? Manual or automated?
Deployment and Server Editions
- Number of AD domains?
- Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
- How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
- How will AD organizational units be organized (considering how group policy will be used and users will be organized)?
DNS and DHCP
- DHCP scope design (e.g., lease times, number of scopes, address range)
- Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
- Will DHCP reservations be used for servers?
- DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name(s) chosen, split DNS for Internet/intranet, zones)
- How will DNS be handled for the second site?
- How will applications be deployed? If using Group Policy, what are the details on how Group Policy will be used to deploy the software? Which software applications will likely be needed?
- What shares might be needed?
- Explain File Permissions
File and Printer Sharing
There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should contain at least 6 pages worth of text written by the student (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations), but may be longer, not to exceed approximately 10 pages worth of student-supplied text. (With the required diagram, and other images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 10 pages in length.) It must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required; APA format for the title page is optional.
- At least one diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above); this could be a diagram describing Active Directory components, DHCP/DNS design, file share hierarchy, or anything else that is worth displaying graphically to enhance the reader’s understanding of the proposal. Additional diagrams, images, or tables are welcome.
- The submission must cover all of the 6 major topics outlined above. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed. Additional topics may be covered as desired.
- The structure of the final submission is flexible. There is no specific format required, although it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that the format will include separate sections for each of the 6 topics required, as well as a summary.
- At least two non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or similar content from Microsoft or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions.
- Be sure to properly quote or cite any sources used. APA format is required for in-text citations and the list of works cited at the end. It is expected that you are already familiar with UMGC’s “Policy on Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism.” It is available in the Academic Policies section of the Syllabus. In its simplest form, if you are using text from a source, you must cite and/or quote it. If plagiarism is found, then there will be a penalty to the grade.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.