FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Assignment # 3 â€“ Advertisement Analysis (Winter Semester Course) Below, find your Advertisement Category based on the first letter in your last name (My last name is Winter, so I would be in category 3). Then, find an advertisement that falls into the description in that category, and analyze the ad from a psychological point of view. If you can, upload a picture of the ad with your assignment; otherwise, vividly describe the ad as best you can. You will upload it using the “quiz” (but not really a “quiz”) submission Canvas upload.
Categories: Last Name A â€“ H: Find an ad that appeals to or is based on a creation of needsâ€”think about this in terms of human hierarchy of needs (biological, safety and security, belonging and love, self-esteem and status, cognitive, aesthetic, and self-actualization). You might recall these needs from an intro psych course covering Maslow.
(Five Points Possible for Each Question)
1a. What product does this ad attempt to market, and where is the ad from? (You can attach the advertisement at the bottom of the Canvas submission link if you have access to an electronic copy or hyperlink. If not, then fully describe what it looks like. This question is worth 5 points, which come from EITHER your really good description or uploading the actual ad in either 1a or 1b â€“ your choice!).
1b. No real “points” for this one, but if you prefer to upload your ad than do a full description in 1a, then upload it here (and slack off on the answer in 1a. Just make sure to tell me where the ad came from in 1a).
2. To which component(s) of attitudes (e.g., Affective, Behavioral, Cognitive â€“ Or it might appeal to two or all three at the same time) does this ad appeal? How can you tell? Was this a good strategy for this product/audience, or would it have been better to try to appeal to a different ABC component? (3 points)
3. What route of persuasion do the advertisers seem to use (e.g., central/systematic route vs. peripheral/heuristic)? Was appealing to this route a good choice? Specifically, what central or peripheral cues are used in the advertisement? (3 points)
4. Does the ad attempt to describe the source of its product information (e.g., “dentists agree that _____” or “experts suggest ____?” If yes, do these sources come off as credible and/or attractive? If no, do you think a source like an expert might have helped? Why or why not? (3 points)
5. In your opinion, is the advertisement persuasive? I want you to answer this question by commenting on four elements: Whether the advertisement is a) weak/strong, b) onesided/two-sided, c) overt/implied, and d) discrepant with the audience/in-line with the audience. Then, tell me why. That is, answer along the lines of: â€œThe advertisement was weak because â€¦â€ and â€œThe ad was one-sided because â€¦â€ etc. After discussing those ideas, let me know whether the way the advertiser presented the ad was persuasive. (3 points)
6. What about the intended target of the communication? Who are the advertisers targeting, how can you tell, and do you think the advertisement reached that audience? This might depend on where you saw the ad. For exle, if the ad involves toys, advertising in an American Association of Retired People (AARP) magazine may be a poor choice. Finally, I assume most of your ads will center on Americans (though this is not required). If so, then how would you alter the ad if you needed to direct it towards an audience from a more interdependent culture? If it already is from an interdependent culture, then how would you alter it for an American audience (or would you even need to do so)? (3 points)
7. Finally, describe how AT LEAST ONE concept that we have discussed is relevant to the adâ€™s persuasiveness. You can look at dissonance, emotions, attitudes, self-monitoring, etc. There are tons of concepts we have covered other than these, so feel free to dive into other chapters as well. I do want you to define that concept first (â€œDissonance is â€¦â€) and then apply it to the advertisement you found. (5 points).
Yup, 5 points on this one, so make it really good! Grading Rubric (Applies to each of the questions above) Poor (0% of points) Fair (50% of points) Good ( of points) Content/Idea Development Up to 2 points (questions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) Up to 4 points (questions 1, 7) – No key elements are present – No understanding of material – No analysis of content – Some key elements are present – Little understanding of material – Little analysis of content – All key elements are present – Content is accurate – Clear understanding of material – Strong analysis of content Style/Mechanics #038; Organization Up to 1 point each question – Lots of grammar or spelling mistakes – Did not follow directions – Few or no grammar or spelling mistakes – Followed all of the directions A
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
Why Choose Us?
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.