FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Patient ProfileZ.Q., 84-year-old Hispanic male, came to the emergency department (ED) 7 days ago with complaints of shortness of breath. His wife stated that he had a history of hypertension, depression, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The admission chest x-ray revealed dense consolidation of the left lower lobe. An arterial blood gas (ABG) at that time showed: pH 7.60, PaCO2 29mm/Hg, HC03 32mmol/L, and PaO2 75mm/Hg. Z.Q. quickly deteriorated and subsequently was intubated. He has been in the intensive care unit for 5 days.Subjective Data• Z.Q. and wife have been married 45 years and live with a daughter and 2 grandchildren• Z.Q. and his wife speak both English and SpanishObjective DataPhysical Examination• Blood pressure 167/98, pulse 112, temperature102.0° F, respirations 14, oxygen saturation 72% on 6L via venture mask.• Height 5 feet 6 inches, weight 75 kg• Patient localizes to endotracheal tube (ETT) and is intermittently aroused, making several attempts to pull ETT• Orally intubated #7.5 ETT, taped at 27 cm to lip• Volume cycled ventilator at FIO2 – 60%, in assist control mode of 14 breaths per minute, tidal volume 450, positive end-expiratory pressure PEEP5 cm H2O• Breath sounds decreased in bases with bilateral crackles that do not clear after suctioning• Brown/yellow secretions returned with suctioning• Peripheral pulses weak at 1/4 with capillary refill greater than 4 seconds• 2+ pitting edema in the bilateral lower extremitiesNewly Obtained Diagnostic Study Results• Arterial blood gas (ABG) pH 7.31, PaCO2 58mm/Hg, HCO3 28mmol/L, PaO2 54mm/Hg, EtCO2 38 mm/Hg• Chest x-ray reveals diffuse white out in middle and lower lobes; endotracheal tube present with tip well above the carina; left subclavian central venous catheter is located in the superior vena cava• CT scan reveals alveolar opacities with increasing effusions in the gravity-dependent areas of the lungs
Complete the following Case study questions. Answers must be thorough and cited appropriately in APA formatInterpret Z.Q.’s latest set of ABGs.
Describe each of Z.Q.’s ventilator settings and the rationale for the selection of each.
After reviewing Z.Q’s ABG results, the provider increases the PEEP from 5 cm H2O to 8cm H2O. Why would this be necessary and what is the expected outcome associated with this action?
The provider decides to begin Z.Q. on IV dobutamine and milrinone. What is the rationale for using each of these medications?
Based on the assessment data, what are the nursing priorities for Z.Q.?
List three potential adverse complications with mechanical ventilation.
You are concerned about Z.Q.’s nutritional status and approach the provider for a dietary consult, thinking that Z.Q. is a candidate for enteral feedings with Pulmocare. What is your reason for making this recommendation?
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.