FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
Research Project Directions:
POS 2041 American National Government Research Project
Module Learning Objectives
- Complete a research project related to one of the Standard Course objectives. (CO 3, 4, or 5)
- Analyze the influences on American National Government in policy decisions. (CO 5)
- Demonstrate proper application of APA formatting and reference documentation. (CO 6)
Letter Writing Project
This is a semester long research project which involves researching a federal issue or concern and addressing that matter in a letter to a member of the United States Congress.
Part 1: Define the issue – 25 points (200 Words)
Define the issue â€“ This is the first step in completing this assignment and actively engaging as a citizen. In paragraph form clearly identify a specific bill before Congress and explain its important to you and the United States Congress’ authority to address this matter. Explain your concern, how this impacts the United States and specifically the source of the Congressâ€™ authority to address this issue. Please review chapter 3 in your textbook, for sources federal authority, ie. Constitutional authority and through the use of federal grants. Please support your position with two research sources.
Once your topic is identified and approved you will move on to the research, analysis and action portion of the assignment.
Part 2: Research (50 points), Analysis (25 points) and Letter (25 points points) – Total value = 100 points
Part 2 is divided into three separate sections â€“ Please identify each section by separate title and submit as one document.
- Annotated Bibliography – Provide a summary and analysis of five separate sources. 50 points (approximately 500 words).
- â€œAn annotated bibliography is a list of sources with information that describes and makes a value statement about each source. It is a research tool to assist you in synthesizing and reviewing your sources.â€ (umuc.edu) This will involve five separate summaries with analytical evaluations of each source. Each citation must be in proper APA format. For more details and brief tutorial on the formatting please follow the link below to the University of Marylandâ€™s resource center:
- How to Write an Annotated Bibliography (tutorial)
- In addition to the proper citation format, the above links provide important information regarding your analysis, which should includes an analysis of the intent and perspective of the author. Bias for the purposes of this assignment, is about understanding the perspective of your source. Almost all articles about political issues have some bias. This does not necessarily discredit the source but it does require your recognition of that bias or perspective for a meaningful evaluation.
- Analysis â€“ 25 points – Summarize your research and explain role Congressâ€™ role in addressing this issue. What action would you like to see your Representative or Senator and the Congress as a whole take in this matter. Include in your discussion the obstacles to the outcome you are seeking. (Approximately 250 words)
- Letter to Congress â€“ 25 points – Write a letter to your Representative or Senator explaining your concern and specifically identifying what you would like to see your Representative or Senator do regarding this matter. (Approximately 200 words)
Letter Formatting Tips:
- Please make sure your letter is in the proper business letter format.
- The purpose of your letter should be stated in the first paragraph.
- Parenthetical references are not necessary within your letter.
- If your letter pertains to a specific piece of legislation, identify it accordingly. House bill: H. R. ____, Senate bill: S.____.
- Keep your letter courteous and to the point. Include key information, using exles to support your point.
- Address only one issue in each letter; and, if possible, keep the letter to one page.
Use the following exles to properly address your correspondence:
To a Senator:
The Honorable (full name)
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
To a Representative:
The Honorable (full name)
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20510
How to find your Congressman or Senator, and their address:
- Go to the website: Contacting the Congress
- Type in your zip code
- Click on the name of your Representative or Senator to find their mailing address.
Please review the following guidelines and requirements in preparing your paper.
- Look over the Research Project Grading Rubric to understand how you will be scored.
- APA Research Analysis, including proper citations and reference list.
- Use the SPC Library APA Citation Assistance page for help with APA formatting
- You cannot cite the American government textbook we are using.
- If you have extensive citations from one source, you will have to rewrite the paper. Remember, at least five sources used throughout the paper.
- Personal interviews, statements on television, radio, and in videos or movies are not acceptable.
- 1,200 words or 5 to 6 pages in length, 12 point traditional font. * This is a total of Parts 1 #038; 2 combined.
- A minimum of 5(Letter to Congress) or 3 (Civic Engagement) relevant and legitimate sources, documented within the paper and properly cited in a reference list.
- Clear application of research to the assignment requirements.
- Type your name, date, and the section number of your class in the upper-left-hand corner on the first page of the paper. You do not need a title page and abstract.
- Well organized paragraphs, clear and complete sentence structure, proper word usage and grammar.
- The Research Projects Option 1 or 2 need to be submitted to the Research Paper Dropboxes (Part 1 and Part 2). Please do not email your document
The rewording of someone else’s work and submitting it as your work without giving credit to the author is plagiarism. Such work will not be graded. It will be returned for rewrite. If this occurs, you will be given one week to submit the rewrite. Any thoughts, passages, ideas, and words of another should be documented appropriately in parenthetical citations and a reference page. The Part 1 and Part 2 Dropboxes utilize Turnitin.com to help detect plagiarism.
If you experience a technical problem and it impedes your ability to submit the assignment/exam properly, it must be documented and verified by the SPC technology helpdesk (727) 341-HELP. In addition, you must contact me before the due date/time to let me know if you have a technical problem.
Make sure to save a copy of all your work outside of MyCourses. It is a good idea to frequently save your work in case of technical problems.
You must submit the paper in Word (.doc or .docx), .rtf or .pdf document format.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.