FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
PRACTICE CALCULATIONS 2020
A client with cardiogenic shock weighs 220 lb. and is receiving dopamine at the rate of 3 mcg/kg/minute. The solution strength available is dopamine 400 mg in 250 ml of D5W. The nurse should set the infusion pump to deliver how many ml/hour? (Enter numeric value only. If rounding is required, round to the nearest tenth.)
First, convert pounds to kg, 220 lb : X = 2.2 lb : 1 kg = 100 kg. Next, calculate the dosage per minute, 3 mcg/kg/min x 100 kg = 300 mcg/min. Convert mcg/min to mcg/hour, 300 mcg/min x 60 min=18,000 mcg/hour. Convert mcg/hr to mg/hour, 18,000 mcg/hr = 18.0 mg/hour. Calculate the rate, 400 mg : 250 ml = 18 mg : X ml 400X = 4500 X = 11.25 = 11.3 ml. So, 18 mg/11.3 ml should be infused at 11.3 ml/hour
2. A client with hypertension who weighs 72.4 kg is receiving an infusion of nitroprusside (Nipride) 50 mg in D5W 250 ml at 75 ml/hour. How many mcg/kg/minute is the client receiving? (Enter numeric value only. If rounding is required, round to the
Calculate the mg/hour infusing, 50 mg : 250 ml = X : 75 ml 250X = 3750 and X = 15 mg/hour. Next, convert mg/hr to mcg/hour, 15 mg/hour = 1 mg / 1000 mcg = 15,000 mcg/hour, then divide by 60 min = 250 mcg/minute. Lastly, 250 mcg/72.4 kg/min = 3.45 = 3.5 mcg/kg/minute
A client who weighs 70 kg is receiving a dopamine solution of 800 mg/500 ml normal saline at 5 ml/hour. How many mcg/kg/minute is the client receiving? (Enter the numeric value only. If rounding is required, round to the nearest tenth.)
To change ml/hour to mcg/kg/minute, use the formula: desired rate (5 ml/hour) / volume available (500 ml) x dose available (800 mg) = 8 mg/hour. Next, convert milligrams/hour to mcg/kg/minute: mg (8) x 1000 / kg (70) / 60 minutes = 1.904 = 1.9 mcg/kg/minute
A client is receiving an IV solution of sodium chloride 0.9% (Normal Saline) 250 ml with amiodarone (Cordarone) 1 gram at 17 ml/hour. How many mg/minute of amiodarone is infusing? (Enter numeric value only. If rounding is required, round to the nearest tenth.)
Convert grams to mg, 1 gram equals 1,000 mg. Using ratio and proportion #8211; 1,000 mg : 250 ml :: X mg : 1ml 250X= 1,000 so X = 4 mg/ml is the solution concentration of amiodarone. The infusion rate (ml/hour) x concentration (mg/ml) divided by 60 minutes/hour 17 ml/hour x 4 mg/ml = 68/60 = 1.13 = 1.1 mg/minute
A client who weighs 176 pounds is receiving an IV infusion with esmolol hydrochloride (Brevibloc) at 48 ml/hour. The IV solution is labeled with the concentration of Brevibloc 10 mg/ml. How many mcg/kg/minute is the client receiving?
Convert pounds to kg by dividing 176 pounds by 2.2 pounds = 80 kg. Convert the IV concentration from mg to mcg. 1 mg : 1000 mcg :: 10 mg : 10,000 mcg. Infusion rate (48 ml/hour) x concentration (10,000 mcg/ml) divided by 60 minutes/hour x 80 kg = 48 x 10,000 divided by 60 x 80 = 480,000 / 4800 = 100 mcg/kg/minute
The nurse is preparing the change-of-shift report for a client who has a 265 ml secondary infusion that was started 2 at a rate of 85 ml/hour via an infusion pump. The nurse should report that how many ml remain to be infused by the hernia nurse
85 ml x 2 hours = 170 ml has infused. 265 ml (total amount to be infused) #8211; 170 ml (amount infused) = 95 ml remain to be infused
A male client receives a prescription for ondansetron hydrochloride (Zofran) 4 mg IV to prevent postoperative nausea after an inguinal hernia repair. The medication is available in 2 mg/ml. How many ml should the nurse administer?
Use ratio and proportion, 4 mg : X ml = 2 mg : 1 ml 2X = 4 X = 2
The nurse is preparing to administer Hepatitis B Vaccine, Recombinant (Energix-B) 5 mcg IM to a school-aged child. The vaccine is labeled, 10 mcg/ml. How many ml should the nurse administer?
Use ratio and proportion, 5 mcg : X ml :: 10 mcg : 1ml 10X = 5 X = 0.5 ml
A client#8217;s daily PO prescription for aripiprazole (Ability) is increased from 15 mg to 30 mg. The medication is available in 15 mg tablets, and the client already received one tablet today. How many additional tablets should the nurse administer so the client receives the total newly prescribed dose for the day?
30 mg (total dose) #8211; 15 mg (dose already administered) = 15 mg that still needs to be administered. Using the Desired/Have formula: 15 mg/15 mg = 1 tablet
The nurse is administering a 250 milliliter (ml) intravenous solution to be infused over 2 hours. How many ml/hour should the nurse program the#8230;
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK ; CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM - CUSTOM PAPER
- non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT ; SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
AcademicWritersBay.comnbsp;is an easy-to-use and reliable service that is ready to assist you with your papers 24/7/ 365days a year. 99% of our customers are happy with their papers. Our team is efficient and will always tackle your essay needs comprehensively assuring you of excellent results. Feel free to ask them anything concerning your essay demands or Order.
AcademicWritersBay.com is a private company that offers academic support and assistance to students at all levels. Our mission is to provide proficient andnbsp;high quality academic servicesnbsp;to our highly esteemed clients. AcademicWritersBay.com is equipped with competent andnbsp;proficient writersnbsp;to tackle all types of your academic needs, and provide you with excellent results. Most of our writers are holders ofnbsp;master's degreesnbsp;ornbsp;PhDs, which is an surety of excellent results to our clients. We provide assistance to students all over the world.
We provide high quality term papers, research papers, essays, proposals, theses and many others. Atnbsp;AcademicWritersBay.com, you can be sure ofnbsp;excellent gradesnbsp;in your assignments and final exams.